- design skills and knowledge
- knowledge of building and construction
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- knowledge of engineering science and technology
- knowledge of English language
- the ability to work well with others
- the ability to use your initiative
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- to be flexible and open to change
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day task might include:
- assessing clients' needs and planning work
- collecting and reading technical data
- creating building plans using CAD software
- checking construction plans for possible design problems
- leading the design process and team
- advising clients on environmental and legal regulations
- managing contract bids and tenders
- giving advice to clients and the construction team on which materials and processes to use
- checking progress and inspecting completed building work
- advising and reporting on the maintenance and future use of completed building work
You could work on a construction site, in an office, at a client's business or at a client's home.
Once you have at least 2 years' work experience, you can work towards Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of 架构师ural Technologists.
With experience you could move into management, work as a consultant or set up your own practice. You could also work in universities or research.
You'll find more details about becoming an architectural technologist through the Chartered Institute of 架构师ural Technologists.Powered by 通路.